Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Komaflex-S

I got some of the film back from the Komaflex-S a few weeks back.

I say "Some film," and what I mean is "the first two rolls through this camera in more than fifty years."

Due to operator error, not much turned out - I was doing what I do with my 35mm cameras, which is "snap picture, advance one lever pull."  This camera, however, requires two lever advances (approximately) per shot. Otherwise, your photos will overlap.

Because of this, less than half of each roll turned out. It was entirely operator error - the camera itself functions beautifully.  Even if you need to make educated guesses at the correct shutter speed.

I shot mostly around my office, and a few of them turned out:

Komaflex Roll Two

In the background, there, you can see Dasha. In the foreground, there is some tea and Polaroid flash. Because I always have camera gear with me. And I'm not sure why I like this shot so much, but I do like it a lot.

Komaflex Roll Two

See? I can occasionally make things turn out. This photo was, for me, confirmation that the camera is good.

This last one was taken by a friend who was visiting.  It's a double-image, but it turned out very well (thanks in no small part, I'm sure, to some work done by the crew at Blue Moon Camera).

Komaflex Roll Two

Believe me, I'd like to take credit for this one.

I have a few more rolls ready for processing - honestly, the 127 film is surprisingly cheap. It's only $4 per roll to process. And then it's $20 to scan the negatives, which is why I'll eventually be getting a dedicated negative scanner.  That $20 adds up quickly ...

No comments:

Post a Comment